“While women in precolonial Philippines were often designated to the venerable position of the babaylan, it was not an uncommon occurrence for them to pick up arms and become warriors.” - from the article:
Image: Filipina actor, Marian Rivera as the Visayan warrior, Amaya welding her sword for justice. Watch free episodes of “Amaya”online
Come learn with us. - Kapwa Collective
I find this awesome and I thought Calyps might find this useful in his work.
Many thanks to Adelruna for sending me links to these Eastern and Middle-Eastern historical and semi-historical battle attire. I posted several and have set two or three aside for future use in the main blog. Really cool stuff.
"1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.- things to remember, -n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough."
So I surprised my girlfriend with a kitten…
No, no. This is too cute. Far too cute. I’ve already put my sparkly eyeshadow on. It’s too early to be crying now.
Fuck this is the sweetest thing I’ve seen all week.
THIS KILLS THE MAN